so here's to new beginnings

by - 1.8.17


intros are awkward so here, have a pretty sky picture i took the other day.

*peers in*

*deep breath*

WOW.

By the time you're reading this, I've made the move. This blog is now the brand-new home of Aimee's Brain. As scary a move as this is, one that comes with a lot of new rooms and new furniture and uncertainty, as I write this I'm excited. I'm thrilled. I'm at peace with the decision I've made and I'm ready to move forward. There are so many fresh starts here. I can't wait for any of them.

There are two large handfuls and more of reasons why I decided to give myself this fresh start, but instead of giving you the whole speech, I'll settle for some visual examples.

This is Tiny 2014 Aimee.


Tiny Aimee had hair.

She didn't expect to have this many readers.

She didn't expect to have this many friends.

She didn't expect to be knee-deep in some serious novel projects.

She definitely didn't expect to have a sci-fi fiction podcast of very good quality (there's your self-plug) out right now, and for people to enjoy it.

She was a messy ball of anxiety and sensory issues and tiredness and imbalance and ups and downs and messy words and hopes and awkwardness.

This is 2017 Aimee.

2017 Aimee has much less hair, and it hasn't been a Normal Human Color for at least a year now.

She has a serious expression on her face, so you know she's down for business. 

She's written over 10 full-length novels, edited two, and is almost 100% finished with one and ready to take the next steps with it. 

She's just released the first two episodes of a sci-fi fiction podcast that sounds professional and quite excellent, if she says so herself. 

She's still a mess of anxiety and sensory issues and imbalances, but she's managing it. She's getting help for the wrongness in her brain. She has a job she never though she'd be able to work with sensory disorders, and she's makin' that dough, y'all. Her words are still messy. But right now, in this moment, this year for the first time in her life, she has serious ambition and hope. She's seeing the other side of something she never thought she'd fight through. A lot of things, actually. 

(Y'all are making me all choked up having to talk about this and you should be ashamed of yourselves.) 

Standing on the edge of a new part of life is scary, even when it's a part you can't wait to get at. I'm about to launch into my last year of high school and after that, who knows. The reality of doing the things I love and being good at them has smacked me in the face and left me reeling. I'm ready, I'm anticipating, I'm scared out of my mind. 

I'm the furthest thing away from 2014 Aimee right now, as much as I love her. bless her heart.

With a new season in life, it only seemed right to start a new blog. 

I can't promise you'll like it, if you followed me from the old one. This will be a little different and I don't know what that different might look like yet. As of now I don't have a post schedule, I'll be posting as I have posts to post, hopefully at least once a week, maybe more if the mood strikes. I refuse to post things in a rush. I'll stick to quality, and things I care about. 

AKA you will still be getting plenty of gifs, I promise. I haven't outgrown that part of me. It's probably part of the key makeup of my soul. 

Some things you might get: 

+ random ramblings. 
+ the wonderful world of Mental Illness.
+ thoughts on books and movies and shows and the thoughts they make me think. 
+ still all the storytelling things. 
+ more life things! definitely more life things! 
+ things I feel strongly about. Prepare to disagree with me, I'm sure. 

All that boils down to "I don't know", which seems like an appropriate way to move forward with this blog of mine. 

If you're here, if you for some reason want to continue this journey with me, let's go. It's going to be interesting, I'm sure. 

Love you byeeeeeeee



- Aimee

You May Also Like

46 Comments

  1. Ack! Aimee, I love this new look. It really suits you. I can't wait to see how this blog comes along and to see how you figure out ALL THE LIFE THINGS. You're an awesome person and I'm so glad that I know you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agh I'm so glad you've stuck around with me for so long!

      Delete
  2. :) I didn't know you has sensory disorder - I do too. :) "Sensory issues" are what my family and I have called them since I was little and they first appeared in my life. Do you mind me asking what all SD involves for you? I don't meet many people who also have it.
    For me, it is definitely emotional, but also clothing is a big problem - how it all feels on my skin. Sometimes I feel claustrophobic in certain clothes. Emotionally it's super tough, but God gets me through. I'm 21 but don't have a job because of my Sensory Issues, and physical pains.
    Anyway! Sorry for rambling - just wanted to ask! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you. It's honestly the worst.

      For me having a sensory processing disorder is really related to what I can and can't touch... I mean, obviously. It was incredibly bad when I was younger. (I couldn't wear most clothes, I couldn't touch most things, etc) and now it's more irritating than anything. Things like paper towels or even towels in general are abrasive to me. Cardboard and wood are NIGHTMARES. People touching me when I'm not prepared drive me crazy. I hate being wet, I can't stand wind blowing on me most of the time, hair is the worst, socks bother me...I'm way sensitive to pretty much everything I come in contact with me and it bothers me way more than most people, to the point where I can't focus. (I can't use pencils for anything or I'll lose my mind, honestly.) It's been pretty difficult.

      Delete
  3. Okay, so 'feels like hope' is one of the best blog titles ever. (and here's an awkward thing - I just barely glanced at the 2014 Aimee picture, and for a split second I THOUGHT YOU WERE KATIE GRACE. I think it was the hair. Ahem. So that was odd xD. Your 2017 Aimee hair is epic tho, I must say) Can't wait to see what you do with your new blog *fistbump*.

    ~ Savannah | Scattered Scribblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I THOUGHT SHE WAS KATIE GRACE TOO

      Delete
    2. I DID A DOUBLE TAKE BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS KATIE AT FIRST TOOOO. OHMYWORD. XDDD

      Delete
  4. Loving the new look! I'm excited to follow you as you step out into a new phase of life. I'm at the edge of everything familiar right now as I'm prepping to start everything new too. :)

    And I've heard great things about Bright Eyes! So I'm looking forward to diving into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a weird stage, isn't it? You're standing right on the edge of everything just waiting for when you actually fall and it's so exciting, but so terrifying.

      *slides bright eyes toward you casually*

      Delete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS AIMEE I LOVE THIS SO MUCH.

    Your new space is so beautiful and so YOU and I just cannot contain myself. Feels Like Hope is an absolutely perfect name and gah I'm just so happy right now. <3<3<3 I can't wait to see everything you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The killer here is that the title comes from a sci-fi apocalypse movie so it's NOT THAT POETIC AND PROFOUND IT'S JUST A COOL QUOTE I LOVE, haha. But I'm feeling at home in this new space already!

      Delete
  6. Yay!! I'm so excited for this new blog! Feels Like Hope is exactly the kind of title that makes me want to stay and listen to all the things you say. So I'm here to stay girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm grateful to have you.

      Delete
    2. You're so welcome, Aimee. I read your above comment about having sensory disorders and I wanted to let you know that although I haven't ever had a sensory disorder (when I was younger I didn't like the way certain clothing felt, but I think that was just other issues), I have experienced anxiety for pretty much all of my life. So I can relate on that part. I love that you have stayed strong in your faith and have encouraged others through tough situations, I know you encourage me to push past my anxiety and not let it beat me. So I just wanted to say thanks for being real and letting people like me know that we aren't alone. <3

      Delete
  7. hey aimee!! this looks rad :) excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so excited. so excited. tiny Aimee is cute. 2017 Aimee's hair is amazing. sorry for you getting choked up, but...so much to be proud of there. and i get ya - ready and scared. and i am also ready for your new and different content - especially mental health stuff and what's gonna be similar to that Christian genres post. mwhaha.
    p.s. i love the title and the way this all looks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *aggressively types all the things to please the people*

      Delete
  9. YOU'RE MAKING ME GET CHOKED UP TOO, YOU NERD, I LOVE YOU AND I'M SO PROUD OF HOW FAR YOU'VE COME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M SO PROUD OF ME TOO and also you lol jk

      Delete
  10. This is super rad! I love your new title and can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet! I love it. Good luck to you and your new blog, Aimee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't wait to see you around.

      Delete
  12. I am so excited for this new blog! Love the website, and the podcast it's so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! I'm so excited for you to read it.

      Delete
  13. YAY. Your new blog is up! :D And it is GORGEOUS. Like, seriously so gorgeous. I love the simplistic look. *drools* Also THAT NAME. I think I squeaked when I saw the title of this blog because...I don't. It's just the best blog title ever.

    I look forward to all your posts in your new space, Aimee! I know it's gonna be great! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, I know, right? I was struggling to think of titles and then Mad Max: Fury Road fell into my lap and that was the quote from it that stuck with me the most, so here we are.

      Delete
  14. You new blog is so pretty! Hooray!! (also the name is so good!)

    Looking forward to what will come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate it and you and alll the things.

      Delete
  15. ASDFGHJKL!!! OMG I'm stoked for your new blog! I can't wait to read more. Here's to new beginnings! <3

    xoxo,
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like your new blog and website! It's such great design. It's funny, because my sister and I started a new blog in addition to our current one yesterday as well. It's going to be more about thoughts, opinions, and our lives and less about YA books. I'm so excited to see what you'll post, and yeah I also need to get around to listening to your podcast because that's pretty cool.
    Shaar @ Daylight Differentials

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, man! I love blogs like that, as much as I love bookish blogs too. It's so nice to see little slices of people's lives.

      *slides the podcast toward you*

      Delete
  17. Took me a few days, but I'm so glad I remembered to read this and stuff! Yay for moving forward. Love the design of this new blog. I'm so excited for you, and I'm also super proud of you for growing so much, though I obviously don't know you well. Can't wait to see more! Also, darn your podcast for getting me emotionally invested in just two episodes.

    ReplyDelete

tell me stuff!